You can now use American Express Membership Rewards points to pay for your taxi. Why is this exciting?
Amex currently has an offer on their American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card for 25,000 points after $2,000 spend in 3 months. 25,000 points is worth $250 in cab rides!
To pay with points, all you need to do is swipe your Amex card like you normally do at the end of a cab ride and select “Use Membership Rewards points for this taxi fare”. It’s that easy.
There are ways to get more monetary value out of your points, but the ability to spend points on something that you would be spending money on otherwise is HUGE. This is a no brainer for anyone who lives and works in Manhattan.
American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
- Earn More: earn 25K Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2K during your first three months of Card membership; earn 15K points after you spend $30,000 in one calendar year
- Earn Fast: 3X points for flights booked with airlines, 2X points at US gas stations and US supermarkets, 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- Use points for gift cards for dining, entertainment, and to shop over 300 of some of your favorite brands
- Access to Benefits: Baggage Insurance Plan* when you travel, and shop with confidence with Extended Warranty* and Return Protection.*Underwritten by Amex Assurance Company
- Book two consecutive hotel nights through American Express Travel and receive $75 back at checkout. Restrictions may apply
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175
- Terms and Restrictions Apply
This offer is unfortunately over… I will alert you when it is back
British Airways and Chase just announced an AWESOME signup bonus of 100,000 Avios on their cobranded credit card. I got this bonus last year and used the miles to book two roundtrip business class tickets to Dublin. Avios can also be used to book flights on American Airlines.
I definitely recommend taking advantage of this offer. With this signup bonus you could book four roundtrip economy class seats to anywhere in the continental US! Get on it!
British Airways Visa Signature® Card
- You will get 50,000 bonus Avios after $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- 25,000 bonus Avios after $10,000 in purchases within the first year of account opening.
- Plus an additional 25,000 bonus Avios after you make an additional $10,000 in purchases also within the first year of account opening.
- Plus pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad
- You will also get 2.5 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1.25 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you’ll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years
- Chip with Signature Technology allows you to use your card for chip based purchases in Europe & beyond, while still giving you the ability to use your card as you do today at home
If you are a lover of live music, then you know that there are few cities that can compete with the scene in Nashville. This city is the center of the country music world and a hotbed of new artists and songwriters. Here is how to make your dream trip to Nashville a reality.
- Step 1: Getting to Nashville is very easy. Simply pick up the British Airways Visa Credit Card and meet the minimum spend of $1000 in 3 months for 50,000 Avios. This is enough for 1 roundtrip business class ticket, or 2 economy tickets (a better value for domestic flights). Avios can be used to book domestic flights on American Airlines through the British Airways’ website.
- Step 2: A decent hotel will run you about $120 a night, so with the signup bonus from the Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard you will have enough for 3 nights! The current offer is 40,000 points after $1,000 spent in 3 months.
- Step 3: Food in Nashville will run you about $40 a day if you spend smartly. Unfortunately points can’t buy you food (easily), but staying away from touristy neighborhoods and using Yelp will help you keep costs down while eating great food.
Now go make this Dream Trip YOUR Reality!
Chicago is a dream destination for the art lover and the pizza fanatic. The “windy city” is a great place to visit during the warmer months, but if you are not a fan of the cold you should probably avoid the winter. Here is how to make this dream trip a reality.
Now go make this Dream Trip YOUR Reality!